Sunday, October 11, 2009

1.


I should have broken you when I had the chance

Instead of just rattling you on the stick

(But you liked it on the stick, didn’t you?)


I should have left none of your original skin

Showing, I should have bruised you


Because, like an apple, yes, at the end

Of summer, you deserved it.


And I really wanted to give it to you

Because you really wanted it.


Heat rose from you -

Your breath stank of an empty

Inside dying for love


So I tracked you like a dog

And just a little, I roughed you up.


You took me in places we had

To wash afterwards, places –

Nothing but unfinished business.



2.

You know, if I wanted, I could

Feel you on me any time I wanted

Just by thinking of it


But I couldn’t hurt you just by thinking of it.

I had to leave you to do that

And I only thought of that afterwards.




No comments: